Must-Try Pumpkin Cookies

I adore the cream cheese/pumpkin combination just as much as the next person (let's be honest: I love cream cheese with anything).  Although these cookies do not have that "comfort Autumn food" combo--they are definitely a must-try!  They are a light, moist pumpkin cookie with a brown sugar glaze.  They don't end up looking the most gorgeous, but wait until you have a bite, and you will never regret making them!

These pictures are from a batch I made a few years ago, but I didn't take any of the batch I made today (and they really looked almost exactly the same).  So go ahead and try them out, I know you won't be disappointed!




Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt

Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes

Frosting:
Boil until mostly smooth (2-3 minutes)
3 Tbsp butter
½ cup brown sugar

Cool

Add:
¼ cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar or until desired consistency

Whip with a hand mixer
Spread on cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment