Autumn Time

This decor has been up for quite a while in my house--well before the first "official" day of Fall.
Here is just a glimpse at the decor.  I am still working on the front porch area, but this is the top of our piano all decked out. 





Best part: all of it was DIY and inexpensive!  Here's a brief overview:

All except one of the mini apothecary jars are candlesticks and small jars/vases from the dollar store.  Just spray paint the candlesticks black and use E6000 glue to attach them to the jars.  The other jar is a terracotta pot spray painted black and glued to the small bowl upside down.  The big jar is from D.I. for a whopping 75 cents.  This is a great little tutorial from Jamielyn at I {heart} Naptime.  The marshmallows and candy corn are from Wal Mart and the rest of the candy is from the candy store Sweeties in Chandler.  Seriously check it out!  I love that place!

Both banners I made myself.  The "boo" banner out of scrapbook paper and the "happy halloween" banner is a chalkboard banner.  For some instructions for the chalkboard banner look here at Momtastic.  I made mine 15 squares, so it fits most sayings!

The books I picked up a while ago at a local thrift store for $1 each.  The small "A" I received as a gift for my wedding, and the small bird I got at the dollar store also (and just spray painted it black).

Just tied some lace around the big jar and some books, made things different levels...and wa-la!  A little fun for Fall.  I know it isn't anything crazy or super creative, but it makes things feel a little festive around here!  Now, off to find some yummy soup recipes for when it truly cools down for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment