Our Exciting Family News!

I married into a wonderful family.  Since the moment I met them, they have been so welcoming, supportive, and loving.  I feel so blessed to be a part of the marvelous Allred Family.  Brett's parents are fabulous examples, I love all of his siblings and their spouses, and I adore all of my nieces and nephews!


Just after Father's Day, Brett's dad was extended a call to serve as the MTC President in Chile, and his mom to be the Relief Society President there.  So we have known for quite a while, but we are now allowed to tell everyone.  It is a two year call and they leave the beginning of January. 

When I first heard the news, I was so happy for them, but selfishly--a little bummed.  I just got in the family!  I want them to be close!  But my sister-in-law Kami reminded me that they left to serve their first mission (in Texas) just a few days after she married into the family.  And by the time they will return home from Chile, Calvin and Susan will have been serving missions 5 of her 7 years of marriage.  So, I guess I shouldn't complain :)

We are excited for them and look forward to hearing about all of their great experiences!  Who knows...maybe we'll have to pay them a visit while they are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment